Hazrat Luqman’s Advice to his son in Surah Luqman
In the name of Allah, the most Affectionate and the most Merciful.
Surah Luqman is 31st Surah of the Holy Qur’an. It has 34 verses or Ayaat in total out of which 12 to 19 Ayaat/verses contain Hazrat Luqman’s pieces of advice to his son.
1.…O my son! Associate not in worship others with God. Verily! Joining others in worship with God is a tremendous wrong indeed. (31:13)
2.And we have stressed on man to be dutiful and good to his parents… (31:14)
3.O my son! If it be equal to the weight of a grain of mustard seed, and though it be in a rock, or in the heavens or in the earth, Allah will bring it forth… (31:16)
4.O my son! Offer prayer perfectly… (31:17)
5. …bid people all that is good and forbid them from evil… (31:17)
6.…and bear with patience whatever befalls upon you… (31:17)
7. And do not turn your cheek/face (in contempt) away from people … (31:18)
8. …nor walk in insolence through the earth. Verily, Allah likes not any arrogant boaster. (31:18)
9. And be moderate (or show no insolence) in your walking… (Quran 31:19)
10. …and lower your voice. Verily, the harshest of all voices is the braying of the donkeys. (31:19)