By Shahid Saleem Butt
Question: Just can’t help crying … depression overpowering my soul… friends not responding… negativity all around. What to do?
My dear, this (crying, depression, negativity and crisis) is something that many people go through in different phases of life and most of them overpower it sooner or later by employing one way or the other. You can get something good only through optimism and by being positive as your abilities of head and heart work at the optimum level only when you are moderate and calm. Consider the following:
- Crisis is there and you are to handle it by using your forces and energies. So, major thing is to show locus of control on head and heart to overcome this crisis. If this control is there, you can find a balance and poise at some level.
- Nice fellow, “the mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven,” as Milton propounded.
All positive abstract values including beauty, bravery, love, brilliance, satisfaction, calmness, compassion, etc, are part of a greater energy, that is, love. All these abstractions need nothing more than just a shift of mind to attain pleasure and love.
- Visualization can play its role to bring real calmness and tranquility into your life.
- Sufferings are there due to the reason that you don’t want to hurt others and this is due to your love not only for humanity but also for other creatures of the world.
- An afflicted heart is closer to God and is, therefore, close to the point of changing events of life. So, in other words, if you see the bright side of this depression and anxiety, you are near the point where you can control even the parameters of your fate.
- Failure is a part of the learning process and every self-made successful person is so only due to failures in varying aspects of his life.
- If humanity still continues to be, it is due to the goodness of God’s creatures that still lingers.